07 Nov Three Reasons for a Seasonal Garage Door Tune Up
Your garage door is likely the largest piece of machinery in your home. Just like other complicated equipment, it requires proper maintenance in order to continue running reliably. The oncoming winter months can cause additional wear and tear on your garage door due to cold temperatures and variable weather.
Before you need full-blown San Antonio garage door repair, call in the experts at Helotes Overhead Garage Doors and schedule a garage door tune up. Right now, customers can get this valuable service, which includes a full inspection of all parts and components, plus lubrication of all moving joints for just $39. Here’s why you should take advantage of this offer.
- Safety might be compromised if your garage door is not maintained. Each year, thousands of people are injured by garage doors or garage door openers. Minor injuries such as pinched fingers are common, but if the garage door springs are unbalanced, the door might fall and cause more serious injury. For those with electric door openers, safety issues may arise from improperly adjusted force or misaligned safety sensors.
- Regular garage door tune-ups can extend the life of your door. Just like getting regular service and oil changes on your car can make it run for additional tens of thousands of miles, regular service for your garage door can help keep it working properly for much longer. In fact, many garage door manufacturers, like CHI (or preferred carrier), recommend that you schedule a garage door tune up at least once annual, if not every six months.
- Problems can be detected early before they require major repairs. When you have a technician check out your door each year, he or she can identify common garage door problems and pinpoint any parts that show signs of extensive wear and either repair or replace them before the part fails. This not only gives you peace of mind, but it will also save you from needing a more costly repair in the future.
At Helotes Overhead Garage Doors, our garage door tune up includes all of the following procedures:
- Replacement of old ball-bearing rollers
- Safety inspection to ensure there are no parts that are likely to fail, including:
- Center bearings
- Jam and flag brackets
- Gear and sprocket assembly
- And more